Whether you believe the election was fair and honest or not, the basic freedoms we have are under assault and the court and courts appear silent. Who is protecting the constitution?
The power to suppress speech and free thought without the checks and balances provided in the constitution is the power to repress all alternate views. This is now the status quo in this country. With 26000 troops in the capital not just as a deterrent but as a show of force to intimidate people with alternate views it is clear that the road toward fascism is well on the way to reality. Twitter, Facebook, Google and YouTube are all actively suppressing conservative voices. Congress people are demanding duly elected members step down because they questioned an election. Trump supporters are being called racists enmass as preparation for repressing their voices.
If you want to know where this is headed, just look at what one of the attorneys at NPR was suggesting. People are going to have to speak up soon and in large numbers. (non-violently) if this trend is going to stop. The idea that all white people are guilty of racism is patently false. This was even true in in civil war when 100,000s died so that slavery would be abolished. Great gains were made in the civil rights movement. All of this is as if it never happened so that those with conservative beliefs can be vilified. Already they are being silenced by the government and by the tech companies. This is what is required to implement totalitarian rule.
Below is a snapshot of what conservatives believe and why.
- We believe each person has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This is guaranteed by the constitution.
- We believe in small government that provides for safety, defense of the nation, and for a safety net for those that can not take care of themselves or for those that need a hand up, not a hand out. Programs that have focused on a hand out have resulted in generational poverty.
- We believe in meritocracy where as Martin Luther King Jr. said, “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character” Vilifying anyone on the basis of skin color is wrong, yet that is what we see coming from our leaders, from out educators, and from big tech. What do you think will happen if this continues?
- We believe in economic freedom where business succeeds or fails in a competitive marketplace, where the government’s job is to protect us from predatory practices, and monopolistic dominance that prevents competition. We believe economic freedom produces the most prosperity for the most people. This has been proven. It let’s people rise from poor circumstances to affluence through their own choices. More lives have been lifted out of poverty by this philosophy than by any other approach.
- We believe in freedom of speech that all speech should be protected, even speech we disagree with. That is how ideas are spawned and discourse provides a method to weed out bad ideas. Before the media started calling everyone racists the “white supremacists” in the country had almost died out. If you call people something enough, for some of them you create the very thing you are calling them.
- We believe in America First. That as we do the most to help our own people we will in turn, and by example help others around the world. The fact that this is the most generous country in the world speaks to that.
- We believe that each person is entitled to the fruits of what they earn. The fact that some have tremendous wealth is not nearly as important as the fact that everyone does better under this capitalist system, where even the poorest live far better lives than the middle class in many countries. That wealth that is so often cited as unfair, employs in some cases 10’s of thousands who can take care of their families and provide good livings for themselves.
Under Donald Trump before Covid we saw what this philosophy could do. What will happen now? Will all the good be stamped out to push a false and harmful narrative? Where will conservative voices go? We we all go to re-education camps as the NPR guy wants. Make no mistake, he was called out, but that is the current thinking in the halls of power.